Friday, September 3, 2021

"She is Here"

September 3, 1015 is a day I will never forget. At around 1:30 pm (MST) Ruby May was born prematurely in a Boise Idaho Hospital.  She was ten weeks early! This happened while I was asleep in Manila. Anything of significance in the West always happens while you are sleeping in the East. I woke up the next morning to find a text that read "She is here" 

I got on the computer immediately to look for flights from Manila to Idaho. It was tough since we were just moving into our new home in Manila and all of the sudden, I needed to turn around and go away not knowing exactly what to expect To get to Idaho, I had to first get out of Manila ether by Hong Kong or Tokyo from there I needed to travel to either Dallas,  Los Angeles or Seattle and from there to Boise. That would literally take two days. After what it seemed forever I met my newest grand baby. I was not allowed to hold her. She was in an incubator with so many wires all wrapped around her tiny body. 

We prayed, and prayed that she would survive, grow and get stronger so that eventually she would be ready to be sent home. Bianca would sing to her, and hold her small hand through a small opening. We all were praying as a family. I realize that day how important the care and love for family is in our lives. We need each other and that is why we grow up in families. Nothing can ever compare to a love a mother has for a child and vice versa. This situation tested our faith. We didn't know the outcome. She could have easily not make it but we were hoping for the best and today this beautiful child turned six! She is a six year old miracle and for that, I am so grateful! 

Con amor,

Vero


 

No comments: