Thursday, September 2, 2021

In Cordoba

Yesterday we heard of an appointment to take my fingerprints to get my DNI in Cordoba which is about a seven hour drive so we left around 4:00 pm to arrived right around midnight. We were exhausted but worth the trip. I got a temporary visa for the next six months. At the police station Daniel forgot his backpack which contained his laptop, dap, phones all our documents including our passports etc. It was tense to think that we lost such important things but it was the police station after all where he had left his backpack and was found. What a tender mercy!  

Today I want to say thank you to the people that helped us. Marcelo Paz even drove our car for us.  “There are two little words in the English dictionary that perhaps means more than all others. They are ‘thank you’. The more often a person says thank you, the happier he will be.” President Gordon B. Hinckley 

It turns out that because I am married to a Permanent Resident, I qualified to get a permanent visa which means that my visa will never expire. Yay! When I finally get my DNI it will be forever. I could live here all my life if I wanted to but most people are wanting to get out of Argentina. The inflation is ridiculously high and there are no guarantees that it will get better. 

For now, my goal is to enjoy my home and the time we are here because sooner or later we will go. 

Con amor,

Vero

No comments: