Saturday, October 23, 2021

Waiting for an answer

I keep this blog to preserve some of the memories and things on my mind that I don’t want to forget. This past week, I have been reading all about Joseph Smith’s experience in Liberty Jail. This time around, I felt so much tenderness for those pioneers who sacrificed so much, starting with the Smith family. Sad that many of us have forgotten all of what they went through as they were spelled from Missouri. I also can’t even imagine the despair and anxiety the prisoners must have felt in the Winter of 1838-1839 while incarcerated in Liberty jail. Not knowing when and waiting if they would be free must have been unbearable. I remember reading a post from Cristi about waiting that is worth sharing. 

 

 “A few weeks ago, Brooks and I watched this sunset as we talked about our hopes and dreams for our family. I snapped this photo on my phone so I could remember the peace we felt about moving forward with a decision we both felt was an answer to our prayers. We took a leap of faith...

...but our feet never touched the other side. Instead, our fervent desire vanished in a blink of an eye leaving only the remnant of this photograph.

We were back to the space where our prayers and answers meet. It’s that limbo space where if we humbly lean into faith, gratitude, and His love- our path will eventually illuminate to our unknown destination.

A wise friend once said, “Waiting is the sacred space between when our prayer is first offered and when it is finally answered. Waiting sits right in the middle of living. And life goes on while we wait. We may be waiting for something wonderful to happen; or until something horrible is finally over; we may be waiting for the slightest something that will keep our heart from breaking; or for something miraculous to cause a loved one’s heart or behavior to change. Waiting occupies so much of our time.”

If you’re currently waiting for something - a dream, an answer, or even waiting in line at the grocery store...practice consecrating that wait.

There is beauty there. There is growth there. It can be frustrating, scary, AND beautifully sacred all the same time.

He knows you. He hears you. You are loved.”

She took the words out of my mouth and I could not agree more. 

 

Con amor,

Vero



No comments: