Tuesday, July 29, 2014

How ironic

Well it is so ironic that I hurry so much to get home yesterday to be with Daniel and he leaves to go out of town for three days. How I wish I had known this when I changed my flight out of Miami so I could spend more time helping Mari and be away at the same time but nevertheless I keep telling myself how thankful I am for the few days I got to spend with sister Mari, her son Manu and my mom. Manu participated in a Chilean cueca dance contest, his first!


 We even got to see two cousins: Albert and Eric Allred. Albert was in town for the weekend and just before he left we met at Alejandro and Lexi's place. My mother had made ceviche and had already scheduled going over to his new place to eat with them. It worked out perfect. Ale and Lexi even have a dog Monte for Manu to play with. There is nothing that feels so wonderful than to be spending time with your family. I love sharing these moments the past few days with my mom and sister because you never know when will the last time you'll see them. I learned that at Mandy's wedding not doing that was the last time I was going to see Shirley.

I saw this posted on facebook today: "the empty nest comes in quickly. Do not squander your most precious privilege of participating in the lives of your children" when you become empty nester you realize how in the blink of an eye, You get to be alone way too soon and you regret the fact that you were way too busy doing so many things when you had a young family than to be with them.  Now my family is grown and they are far away.  I get to talk to them on the phone but it would be better if we all lived closer, each have to take care of their own family.

The other thing I find so ironic is the fact that my former husband worked and worked and worked so much and was never home when my girls were little and now he gets to spend all the time in the world with his two new daughters. I wish somehow he would realize how much our girls missed out on all the time he could have spent with them and would want to spend time with them now but he is too busy with his new family.  

Today Mandy said: “dad got a new puppy for his daughter Valentina.”  I pray for the day that when knowing about him and his new family would not bother me so much but it irritates me how much more of a father he is to those girls than he ever was to his biological daughters. I remember one time when I forced him to take a three week vacation and he almost had a heart attacked. He could never be away for more than two weeks but now he can be away from work for months at a time. All I can say is that I will never understand the phenomenon of how some men get a big kick out of being daddy to younger children because they want to feel young when they should only be happy with being called grandpa but no, not those insecure guys they love being sugar daddies. What a messed up world we live in!

No comments: