Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Mama Mia

Spending time with our family queen! Today as I was talking with my mom she reminded me how at any given  moment God might want her to return home. she does not know if she is going to be around for very long and appreciates that I took the time to come over to be with her. What I noticed is that when we are with people we love it does not matter where we are and what we are doing. Mari has to be at work all day so we just hang out at home doing ordinary tasks like cooking, doing dishes and cleaning but even those things seemed wonderful when you got great company. 


“Sometimes the most ordinary things could be made extraordinary, simply by doing them with the right people.”  -Elizabeth Green
How true is this quote. My mom and I hang out today and talked about anything nothing big or important, we just talked about ordinary things. And that very ordinary thing of just having a conversation with her turned a boring time into an extraordinary time just because I was able to spend that quality time with my mom today.  
What I learned today is that when you do things with the right people in life it makes everything awesome.  It just does.  You can be doing the lamest task and it can still be an awesome experience if you do it with the right people.  I believe that the overall quality of our lives comes down very much to the people we spend our time with – the people we surround ourselves by every single day.  If we choose good people to be in our lives we will have a good life.  If we surround ourselves with people who are great, our lives will be great.



It has been said that we become just like the people we spend the most time with…I figure that with my husband Daniel, his mother and my mother, my sisters and our children are about as good as it gets for me!  I feel very blessed to have those people in my life and they make every day I spend with them extraordinary.

Here is to spending your time with those people who make you the GREATEST!  Those are the people that deserve your time anyway.

 

No comments: