Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Just do it!

My husband Daniel has commented on a phrase a guy made once about me. He said: When veronica wants something, Veronica gets it! It does not always work out that way because we don't always get our way on things we don't have any control but on the things we DO control I know we can make it happen if we try. I wanted to come to Miami to see my mother and sister and her son and here I am. I made it happened. I also wanted to visit the children this year: Andres, Cristi, Mandy, Herni, Ani, Pablo and Bianca and their family and that also happened. Why? because we planned it, we took the right steps to accomplished it and here I am. We even got to see Karla Alvord and her cute girls in Conneticut. I could not have asked for a better vacation.


In my life getting my way was for instance graduting from BYU that took many years to accomplish but when it was completed, it felt so good. All my travels around the world have also happend becaue I made the effort for them to happen like this wonderful trip this year to the States and when I think of it, this is not just me making things happen it is a natural law to make things happen when you put your mind to it. Going to Brazil for the World Cup for my sister Liz and her husband, going to Spain for Mandy and Spencer with his parents, going on a family reunion Cruise for my mother a few years ago, and for my little sister Mari is moving to Idaho. A  big reason why I am in Miami today, I felt the need to help my sister with the transition of the move because she has experienced a sad and complicated divorce similar to mine and needs to get away from so much drama. She is making it happen and it is a big step that she is taking in the right direction. She can only think for one day at a time for now.  She is considering the move to Idaho for one year until she can get her finances in order and then decide if she returns to Miami or stays there.


 While she resides in Idaho, Mari plans to save money and be able to slow down to spend more time with her son. My mother is going to be traveing back and forth now, between El Salvador, Mexico and Idaho. She was not too keen on the idea of Mari moving that far north but now she has approved the move knowing that it's the best for both Mari and her son. The moral of the story is that when you want something, just go for it or it will never happen. Just do it!






'

No comments: