Friday, November 4, 2016

Customer service

Today my post is about asking for help. Yesterday I bought two tickets to go to Utah because the price was good but didn't pay attention that the I was booking a different airline than American who always treat us so good. Good thing that Daniel found out in time to cancelled that reservation. 

I called customer service and they took care of the cancellation but to get a refund is a different story. I was told to go on line and do it myself one ticket at a time. 

I did but it never took my request so I called again customer service to guide me doing it and never worked so they told me that in that case they were going to do it manually. Today when I called to see about my refund request, I get the answering machine saying that a request still hadn't been made so I called again customer service to make sure they do it. 

I also decided to send something in writing because I hear from someone that things are not documented in writing is like they never  happened. This is what I wrote to Customer service. 

Hello:

I booked two tickets before realizing that we were on different carriers than American Airlines.

 The other carriers don’t treat us that well. We can’t even select our own seats!  (With American my husband is Executive Platinum and I am Platinum.)

 We immediately changed our reservation from WBHRKO to AWMNDF

The first reservation got canceled the same afternoon. I proceded to book a different flight even when like magic the prices went up just like that! 

I was told that in order to get the refund for both tickets, I needed to do it on line and separately.  But this came on each time I tried. 

Error

The information entered could not be validated. Please ensure that you have entered the correct document number and last name.

All I do is copy paste the ticket number and last name so I hope it is being done manually like I was told when I called customer service. 

Please, please make sure the refund gets done ASAP 

I did all I needed to do up to this point. It is up to you that it gets done right. 

Thank you,

Veronica

So there you have it. I sure hope now with this in writing I get my refund. Next I am calling my credit card.

What I learned from this experience is to have patience. 

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: