Thursday, November 17, 2016

Giving Thanks

There are so many tender mercies and things I am so thankful for today. This day was a special one. We got to spend a whole day with Elder Cook, Bishop Waddell and Elder Robbins. They have come to do an area review and Daniel gets to go with them tomorrow. to Cebu and I get to stay home but that is okay, I don't have to go with them. Last week they went to another town.

This morning we woke up very early to go to a town three hours away. I didn't think I was going to be in the same room or eating at the same table because that was not scheduled but it turned out that when the lunch time came around, we sat down to eat at the mission home there and we waited until everyone sat down and the only two chairs left where at the tale were Elder Cook sat. What a treat it was for me and Daniel to experience that!

Today I want to thank my Heavenly Father for allowing me to have this experience. I am thankful for my faith in God. My beliefs and my love for my Heavenly Father is at the very core of who I am and it helps me know that I am the daughter of our Heavenly Father who loves me and who believes in the very bet of what I can become in my life. I am so grateful for my faith because it guides me in all of my values and it provides a solid foundation for me to build my life upon. I am also thankful that I believe in my Heavenly Father enough to trust him to take my life where he wants it to go if I just put forth my very best effort t do the right tins eat day. Most of all I am grateful that my Heavenly Father sees the masterpiece that I can become with my life, even then I can't always see it myself.

This weekend as I spend time on my own, I will be able to prepare my lesson for Sunday and finish writing my Christmas cards one by one. I should be doing ten every day until I get to write everyone who has been kind and special all year. This is the time of the year when I like to write notes to people to give thanks.

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: