Sunday, November 6, 2016

Seven of my favorite things

Yesterday Alma Hyatt had a Christmas party at her house for the Relief Society ladies. Deb Haynie and I both went to it. A driver came to pick us up a little earlier than normal and took us there which was a good thing because we got there a half hour before it started and they needed so much help getting everything ready. Alma turned her backyard into a nice venue. She had made bean soup, biscuits and salad. We took the fruit and the desserts. It turned out fenomenal.

The idea was that you took one thing times seven to do a gift exchange so that seven people would get your gift. You were to write your name seven times in a piece of paper to put in a drawing bowl when you came in to the party.  Some people thought you had to bring seven different things. I actually brought seven things times seven. In my bad a had a plastic case to use when you travel. A journal book and a pen. A pair of ear phones, a Christmas cracker with an energy drink and candy and a book mark and a bubbles. In return I got fudge, candy, chocolates a mug and chocolate drinks and tea that I gave to the driver. I only kept the fan and the gift tags Leigh Ann made.

Over all it was so nice to spend time together and to get to know each women in Relief Society. I have done he elephant gift before and play the game but this one was so much better. I need to do some activity with the missionary couples one of these Saturdays and start a tradition. The missionary  couples are doing a recipe book too.

I want to do something where we each bring a story or poem to be included in a book too that I want to make for my family. The one a had compiled is in my old computer files. The celebration has already started in full force here in the Philippines and I love it!

Con amor,
Vero


No comments: