Tuesday, November 1, 2016

The day of the dead

Today for the day of the dead we stayed home. Went out just for a little while to get some cash and to walk around the Podium mall. This was a good day just to relax. I loved Holidays like this! The day of the dead is celebrated in most Catholic based countries.

In El Salvador the day of the dead or "dia de los Muertos" is celebrated on Nov. 2nd and its the time when people go and put flowers on the graves. If I was in El Salvador today, this is when I would be visiting my mama Hilada's and my father's resting place.

I am writing something about those on the other side of the vail on the booklet Mi Familia to honor them. So far the people I knew from my father's side who have passed are: My father Manuel Flores, His mother, Aminta Barrera, and my father's brothers and sister: Luis Alberto Flores, Francisco Flores, Enma Flores de Platero. I remember them all very well.

From my mother's side: both my grandparents are gone. Hilda and Carlos Henriquez. Two of their sons: Julio Henriquez and Carlos Henriquez. My grandmother's sister: Lucila Alvarenga and all of my grandfathers brothers: Miguel Angel, Gilberto, Aparicio, and Ramon. and my grandmother's mother Antonia Alvarenga who I know so well.

Amazing to think that the dead are real! They are somewhere out there and one day I will get to be with them because that is a fact. No one has ever come alive out of this world but Jesus!

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: