Friday, March 8, 2019

Strictly for women

Today I attended a Time Out for Women event organized by the Church commemorating The International Day for Women. We had participants from all denominations including: Roman Catholic, Islam, Evangelical, Buddhist, Hindu and Latter-day Saint who had a forum discussion on the role of women in the family and the topic of Love and Marriage was introduced. There was a beautiful pottery, art and calligraphy exhibition as well. 

What I love about these women is their passion. They all have dedicated significant funds toward charities focused on helping other women. People introduced themselves sharing stories of their passion to their cause.  It was incredibly educational and I grateful go have been invited. 

 What I took from the discussion is the differences of Eastern way of dating vs. western cultures. As tradition in the Eastern culture, you date after you are married, not before. Whether it be traveling to an exotic locale, to enjoy the sounds, tastes, aromas, and sensations. Or taking dance lessons, sampling unusual food at an ethnic restaurant, learning a new sport, doing volunteer work for local charity, or trying some inexpensive activity that one or both of you have never done before, do it together! It will stimulate conversation, nurture your friendship, promote unity in your marriage, and keep your hearts aglow.

My daughter Cristi Dame who is a Family Therapist wrote the following: "Although, I specialized in marriage and family in my graduate studies- I have always gravitated to learning the most about child development and parenting in my practice and my work. 


When my friend told me about a two-day workshop with Jennifer Finlayson-Fife called "The Art of Desire"- I was hesitant because I wasn't sure I was going to learn anything new and didn’t really want to leave my kiddos for two days so I can learn about something like desire. And man am I so grateful I went... my mind has been blown. 

I will touch more on my awakenings later but I will say the phrase that I just loved from her workshop is that "Good sex is a form of grown-up play. It is a celebration of the goodness of life and the goodness of the relationship. 

Sex is such an integral part of romance as husbands and wives explore and revel in the delights of Gods creations. The joy of sharing experiences will abound us. Spouses should truly be best friends to become best lovers!

 Developing common interest helps ensure that a couple will draw closer together over time rather than slowly drift apart. Best of all, it fosters an intimacy that goes deeper than friendship, because it involves one of the chief ingredients of a happy, successful union, quality time shared together. 

In more than one sense, it takes a lot of time for a marriage to last forever but it begins with friendship. What can you do to begin building the friendship part of your relationship?" 

Having fun and enjoying life together is one of the greatest benefits of married life, and it forms a tight bond that can cement a marriage through the years. Whatever you do, don't neglect this important aspect of marriage.

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: