Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Death and taxes

Death and taxes may be certain but we don't need to die every year. There are very few weeks I dread more than the weeks before tax returns are due which always happens in March.  

Organizing tax stuff it's no fun at all! Now I realize that if I just simply stay on top of it all year long that it would be so easy when tax time comes..but who wants to worry about it every day when you can simply procrastinate and do it all in one miserable week's time? 

Trying to pull together all your information from the prior year to figure out all your income and deductions when you can barely remember what you did last week has got to be one of the most miserable things in the world to spend time doing but that is exactly what I have dedicated the majority of my time for the past week because we have to deal with five rentals. Not just one or two but five. 

Here is my problem. When I am spending the entire week pulling all my records together for our accountant, I sit and blame myself for not having done it along the way and I tell myself, "I will never make this mistake again" I will be organized from now on." And I mean it in the most sincere way when I say it. But by the end of the tax ordeal I am so relieved it's over that I don't want to look at any more numbers for at least a few weeks and that turns into a month and before you know it, another year has flown by and it's time to do our takes over again. 

I hate to admit it, but that is the same cycle I have gone through every year since I was old enough to pay taxes but who knows, maybe, just maybe  next year will be different. We will see...

Con amor,
Vero 

No comments: