Monday, March 11, 2019

Thank Heavens for Daniel's rice soup

Last weekend we went to Baguio to attend the Family History booth at a Fair in Baguio. Went to Church and visited Three chapels in the area like we do every Sunday and ate at the hotel. Dinner on Saturday, breakfast and lunch on Sunday. Both days they served buffet style so there was plenty to choose from. 

Unfortunately, I chose something that made me so sick that on the way home, a seven- hour drive, turned into a nightmare as I needed to use the bathroom every time there was one available. Like every hour. 

Needless to say, I came home and went right to bed feeling sick as a dog. Being sick has to be one of my least favorite things in the entire world. Being confined to my bed with no energy to do anything but feeling miserable is no fun and you can’t even eat anything when is a stomach problem. I even missed the pot luck Family Home Evening today with the Senior Missionaries, which I hate to miss. 

Daniel was so sweet and prepared a rice soup for me to eat and that is what I have been eating all day. So, what am I grateful as I write this post? Thank heavens for Daniel and his rice soup. I honestly had no energy to fix anything for me. I could have just not eaten anything and gotten even more weak. 

As always, I was trying to think of the positive side to what I have learned this weekend…but because I have been so sick I was struggling to think of something positive that comes from being sick, until I weighted myself and saw two pounds less on the scale.  Okay, that is a positive thought to focus on since I wouldn’t mind fitting into my wedding dress. 

Con amor,

Vero

No comments: