Thursday, March 7, 2019

Murphy's law

I don’t even know how I got to Pathway today because I wasn’t paying attention at the time and didn’t even know how late it was. I thought it was only 10:00 in the morning but to my surprise, I went inside a room and see  I the time, it read 12:00 noon. No! Thought, I’m late and need to be downstairs ASAP and I am not even dressed yet so I hurried, grab what I needed and went out the door. 

What was I thinking! I got distracted but managed to go down as fast as I could just to find out that the email I sent to get a driver had not been read and I didn’t have anyone picking me up. Oh no! That means I needed to call and see if I could get someone to answer the phone so I spoke to Raymond and he quickly got Marlou to come get me. I also asked Nika to tell the Tuckers and Owens, who are the missionary couples to start without me since I was obviously coming in late. This has never happened to me. 

I had taken my bag to go to the temple but guess what? It was closed. I couldn’t believe it, because nothing was going well for me today. The temple will be closed for two weeks and I didn’t know about it. But at last, something good did happen. I went to check out the Family History Center at the office instead and couldn't believe my eyes, they got over ten computers so that means I can invite my friends to come with me and do family history there. How fun! 

The moral of the story is that even on bad days like today, there is something to be grateful for and I am glad I got a chance to check out the Family History Center. 

Con amor,
Vero


No comments: