Friday, August 2, 2019

Feeling blessed!

We feel so grateful for the trip we took to Utah in July and sad it’s over. It was the first time in too long since we had stayed in one place. We usually do what it seems like a marathon visiting family in different parts of the United States but this time the children and grandchildren were all coming to Utah so it worked out. 

I am also thankful for my sister Liz who brought my mom over from Orlando so she could spend time with us. Liz takes good care of our mother. She took care of our father before he passed away. They are saying goodbye to Orlando and moving away. 

My mom’s health is not well and even though she never complains, she usually feels very fatigued, she can’t see or hear very well, lost a toe and loses her balance when she walks but none the less, she tries to have fun. 

I hope everyone enjoyed the time we were together because for us, those memories will stay a lifetime. We don’t have a plan for the next family reunion. We don’t know if it will be in two years or five years, but for sure, we don’t want to let too much time go by without getting together again. Any suggestions on what to do next? 

We are now getting settled in Argentina and as far as I can tell, Daniel loves it here and I do too. On Friday, we moved into our new apartment. So far, we only have our bed and a table with four chairs in the kitchen, but we are happy and we can call it home. 

This is not Utah where we thought we might be by now but it’s home for us for the next few years. We love the food. I keep reminding myself that Argentina is not the place to be on a diet. We walked to various restaurants last weekend and were amazed at how delicious food tastes here. I love Italian food so I am in heaven and for that and so much more, I am grateful! 

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: