Thursday, June 3, 2021

Love You to Death

It happened when Mandy was a small child, three or four. Anyone who knows Mandy knows how much she loves animals, every kind of animal, big and small. Here is a story when the expression “I love you to death” takes a new meaning. 

 

When my girls decided to buy a fish, they loved to watch the fish swimming inside the bowl. We had a very sleek, fish that used to swim fast and erratically whenever anyone stood in front. I believe the fish did this out of fear or because it had been disturbed. 

 

One day Mandy asked me: “Do you know why this fish swims so fast when I’m looking at him?” I replied, “No, why?” Mandy responded: “Because I think he likes me! Mandy did not know the fish couldn’t survive without water and one day she took him out to pet him and you can probably imagine her agony when she found out she had killed the poor fish. 

 

Sometimes in life we think we are doing something good, when in fact, we are doing the opposite and that is the moral of that story!

 

Con amor,

Vero


No comments: