Saturday, June 5, 2021

The Parable of the Spoon

I love reading old journals to see what my day was a few years back. Here is my journal entry from June 5, 2018 in the Philippines. Oh, how I miss the Philippines! 

 

Attended the Beehive Devotional and toured the new plant expansion. Later came home to fix dinner for eleven guests. I gave them a wooden spoon with the parable of the spoon. 



THE PARABLE OF THE SPOON

 

“There were two doors. Inside the first one, in the middle of the room, was a large round table with a large pot of stew. It smelled delicious but the people sitting around the table were thin and sickly. They appeared to be famished. They were holding spoons with very long handles and because the handle was longer than their arms, they could not get the spoons back into their mouths.

 

In contrast, behind the second door, the room appeared exactly the same. There was the large round table with the large pot of wonderful stew that made the man’s mouth water. The people had the same long-handled spoons, but they were well nourished and plump, laughing and talking.

The man said, “I don’t understand.”

God smiled. “It is simple,” He said, “Love only requires one skill. These people learned early to feed one another. Those who are hungry are greedy people, and they think only of themselves.”

 

At first Daniel was not too keen of the idea but our guests insisted. One fellow even wanted me to buy 50 spoons to send to his wife and that is when I realized that my idea was meant to be. 

 

Con amor,

Vero


 

No comments: