Thursday, August 7, 2014

Piano, anyone?

Today I spoke with a woman, someone I do care about because she has suffered so much since I have known her over the years since Mandy. As I spoke with her, it broke my heart when I heard of how lonely she must feel. Ever since I have know her she has had a hard life.  She hasn't had a break for so long. She is by herself, no husband, her children are also away, she almost died and has been ill with high medical bills.  She has virtually no income because she is out of work. She could end up homeless if it wasn't for her Bishop. She needs to find a job with benefits and most of all, she needs friends.


She is the best piano teacher I know and she has been going to every student to teach piano but has suffered a heart attack and is no longer able to travel to each home so she is asking her students to come to her for piano lessons. It turns out that only 1 out of 40 students sign up to come to her. She is one I will take piano as soon as I move back to Utah.


Playing piano like she does is something I wished I had learned from all the teachers I had growing up but I was a spoiled brat and never practiced. I used to tell the maids to tell my teacher that I wasn't home and my poor mother used to pay for the lesson whether I took it or not. What a waste!

No comments: