Sunday, August 24, 2014

Teaching twice

I was asked to teach the Relief Society class today as well as the usual Primary class and found out how much I love teaching. It is truly what makes me the happiest. I love learning and the person who learns the most is usually the person who teaches.
My Primary class is made up of five American children who need to be taught in English. The lesson was about the story in the bible of David and Goliath. The purpose or objective of reviewing this story was to understand how obstacles can either make us stronger or weaker and how we need to trust the Lord the way David trusted in Him.
My Relief Society lesson was from a talk given by Elder Hales on April Conference 2014, if ye love me, keep my commandments. He based all of his talk in 21 scriptures so everything he said was backed up by the word of God. Among some of the scriptures were: John 14: 15 "If ye love me, keep my commandments."Jesus was obedient found on Moses 4:2 and Hebrews 5:8 He suffered temptations D&C 20:22 He asked his disciples to leave everything and follow him Luke 18:22 to be obedient to the end of our lives Mosiah 5:8 " Let this cup pass from me..Thy will be done" Matthew 26: 39,42,44 "This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased" Matthew 3:17 Moses 5:13 followers of Satan D&C 59:6 thou shall not kill or do anything like unto it. He was very specific about no killing even the unborn child... And he ended with one of my favorite scriptures found in Alma 7: 22-23 " and now...I might awaken you to a sense of our duty God that ye may walk blameless before him that ye may walk after the holy order of God... I would that ye should be humble and be submissive and gentle easy to be entreated full of patience and long suffering being temperate in all things being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times asking for whatever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal, always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive." I loved his talk and one I would always remember.

No comments: