Saturday, January 3, 2015

55 feels as good as 15

Today is my birthday and Daniel planned a nice birthday for me. He had mariachis come to sing happy birthday and play for one hour. Priceless!!
The children, my mom, abuela Nela, and sisters called. Today I don't feel a day older than 15 because I can dance. Daniel was putting together a play list because I wanted dancing at the party  Yep, I am growing older, which is inevitable for all of us. But, I have decided that growing up….well that is optional. I love to dance and that is what I wanted people to get in the mood for at the party and they did. 

We had a live Mariachi band performing. The members of the band is made up of a dad and daughter and a few musicians. They are expensive but well worth it.  They were awesome and fun and they went out of their way to make the night special by singing songs dedicated to me throughout our night.  We had plenty of food enough to feed an army. Daniel ordered way too many appetizers and I cooked all day with Genifer.  The menu included: chicken salad sandwiches, meat balls, pico de gallo, seven layer dip, deviled eggs, coleslaw, potato salad, chicken pasta salad, empanadas, croquetas de pollo, cheese and crackers, caramel pop corn, cookies galore, fruit punch cake etc.  All I can tell you , that there was plenty of food! We danced and had a great time laughing and telling stories. It was an awesome night and one I will remember for a very long time. The setting was beautiful by the pool area overlooking the temple ground and the park's lights across
We ended the party around midnight and got home to open my presents. Funny I didn't care about presents but I  had to see what people brought me so I can write thank you card. Then tomorrow I will wake up to get ready for church but Daniel will stay home to get over his cold.  I am afraid is fighting some bug but despite of him not feeling too well he made it happened. What a great birthday gift that was from Daniel.

 What a sweetheart and a total cutie…and not just because he understands how much I love parties and dancing.  I can’t wait to grow old with that man…okay, older…ya, ya, I get it….I am already growing old with him.  But for all of you out there growing old right along with me let’s all just remember that growing old may be inevitable, but growing up is totally optional so let’s always stay young at heart!!  Thank you to everyone who made my birthday so special today with warm wishes, cards, emails, texts, facebook messages etc. You all made me feel so loved and that is the best birthday gift anyone could ask for  This is what I wrote on my facebook page the next day as I read all the nice messages from people in facebook and some I hardly know.



THANK YOU for all your good wishes and expressions of love. I am grateful I have such sweet children and such sweet husband who would give me the world if he could!! Yesterday on my birthday I had a wonderfully busy day that culminated into an amazing evening celebration. The setting was outside the pool area overlooking the temple grounds and the lights on the park across from us. The food was excellent and the happy mood was brought in by a talented mariachi band. We all enjoyed one another’s company and got to dance. Life can’t get better than that! ‪#‎feelingblessed 

No comments: