Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Say it or forever keep your peace.



 Today is a new day, it marks five years exactly since we move to the DR  and it supposed to have been a memorable day, perhaps we would have gone out or done something special, who knows, but I am not in the mood and I am sure neither is Daniel. He came home after his Presidency meeting and didn't say much and didn't want to eat lunch either. I hope that as the day continues all the bad feelings will be a thing of the past.
Sometimes I need to say what is inside of me or I think I am pretending something that I am not and that bothers me. It is so tricky to say what you think in a way that others won't get hurt.  Last Christmas we made plans to go to Uruguay. Daniel misses seeing his mom and the opportunity came to go. Vale and Ani and her husband and baby would also come too. Wonderful!!


  It was all well and dandy until we found out that Ani couldn't come because she had misplaced her green card. She hoped to find it in time but never showed up. I had a bad feeling about them coming anyway because of Spencer being so afraid of flying and going to visit a foreign country not knowing the language is not easy for someone like him. I had my hesitations but Ani was so persistent that she really wanted to go so we purchased the tickets for them even when we actually didn't have the cash. We used our line of credit for this and probably this is what bothered me the most.


Last night I was cleaning all my emails when I came across their itinerary so I decided to call the airline to find out what were the details of who could use this ticket in case someone else could use it. I find out that because it was issued in their names they are the only ones who can use it so I send  them an email that got everybody upset but those are my real feelings. This is what it said:


Hi Ani and Spencer:
I hope you are all doing well.
I came across this email today with the itinerary for Ani, Spencer and baby to go to Montevideo last December and frankly it was a crazy schedule, spending multiple hours in airports with a baby and considering that Spencer and the baby got sick it was probably not a good idea to travel anyway.


I only have to say that from the very beginning when Ani first called, I didn't feel good about this trip because when you have a baby it is so much  harder to travel, but I didn't want to come across as being mean and not very supportive. If I had to do it over again I would have followed my gut feelings and simply say not this time but that is water under the bridge now what is done is done.


Thank goodness not all is lost. You all know how I hate to waste money. What you have now is a credit of $3,338.90 for you to use and only you can use it. you have until the 12 of November of 2015 to use the credit which is when the ticket will expired due to the fact that it was purchased on that day in 2014. The fee is another $200 to make the change. The only good thing is that tickets are cheaper now so you could use the credit also for another destination.


The only regret I have about this last trip to Uruguay is that I was very upset and the fact you couldn't come unfortunately completely changed the outcome of our vacation. Every time I saw Pamela's baby of Marcos baby it was a reminder of the fact baby Chris wasn't there. So to say the least I was very edgy and kind of grouchy the whole time I was there due to this situation so I was not the most pleasant person to be around to say the least. In other words, I was sooooo mad!! so I want to apologize  to Vale and Daniel since I was not very happy and it showed.


I don't know what else to say but I am very sorry and hope you will understand. I have talked to Daniel about this and only needed to talk to you about it. I think is best to always communicate the truth of what you feel and how you feel when something like this happens to avoid misunderstandings.


Thank goodness I am home now, I can relax, knowing that it's not the end of the world.


Take care,


Vero


I said it and now they are all upset. I told Daniel and Ani both that my intention is not to hurt them and to forget about this thing for once and for all. I explained to Ani over the phone that all I care is that they use the credit and when they do, that will make everything ok. That is all I ask! Today is a new day, I will try not to do or say anything that will offend anyone. On one hand keeping things to yourself is never good in the end but saying them can be even worse so I will stop saying anything. I don't  have a choice. I do have my Heavenly Father and Jesus who are the only ones who understand me completely and that is what brings me so much hope each time something like this happens.







No comments: