Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Family Search

Today Nuria Martinez finished the family history class of the semester, a class I immensely enjoyed! this a wrap up of the class:


1. Remember your ancestors
2. utilize those resources found at home
3. Ask for information with those still living
4. Work with one person at a time
5. Find out if someone else has already done the work
6. Find documents to support stories and for evidence
7. Use any of these websites: Ancestry.com, findmypast.com, Myheritage.com, BYU library, WIKI
8. Find stories like Josh Millett and so many stories on youtube
9. Use tools: digital recordings, Albums and scrapbooks, diaries and journals, blogs, books, etc.
10 Start from what you know and go back.
11. Make your story, write a book
12. Share what you know


And I would add; travel to your place of birth and take pictures of anything you find.
 What I want to do this year while I visit El Salvador is to look for the burials of the people who have past on. Find out more about my father's line. Find old pictures. Talk to Paco's family.


Currently I keep a diary and four blogs:  A One day at a time daily blog, (personal)  Las Chicas blog (for my grandma Hildas side of the family) The Times of Veronica and Daniel Almeida blog (for our family blog )and another blog to keep my spiritual thought in Spanish. As long as I make the time I will find the time to do it!







No comments: