Tuesday, April 14, 2015

FHE with President Flake

Garry Flake invited us to a special Family Home evening at his home last night. I am always excited when I am invited to learn about new things. I love getting to know people and I got a thirst for knowledge. I love to learn! I always want to be learning and growing. I read a lot. I research things and study things all the time. I ask tons of questions. I ask the why in everything to try and understand it. I ask people to teach me things I don't know. I watch people I admire at things to see how I can improve myself. I never get tired of learning so this night was one of those amazing nights I got to learn so much of the humanitarian work the Church does worldwide. Wow!

He told us of so many stories where the Church has been very instrumental in solving issues with disasters and helping the poor. I particularly loved hearing the story of the time in 2001 when the earthquake happened in El Salvador and how Roberto Kriete former owner of TACA Airlines provided the necessary air transportation to bring in goods to aid those who were suffering. Because of both, The Church's generosity and his willingness to make his planes available, the Church was able to send a lot more than if they had to pay for transportation.

Everything the Church was bringing was sent  from Los Angeles. Roberto Kriete told Garry that the reasons he allowed the Church to use their planes was because the Church only sends good things. Not junk! Also because he remembers a fellow that worked for Bain Capital who helped his business get in good shape. He also remembers going to Utah with his family and how impressed they were by the people he met there in Utah.

Garry continued to tell us so many wonderful stories helping over 100 countries around the globe and how the hand of the Lord is ever present. Nothing happens by coincidence!

Besitos,
Vero

No comments: