Thursday, April 16, 2015

This is one special day

My days on Thursdays are dedicated to the Lord. I get up to be a temple worker in the morning then come home to finish the last touches in preparing the class at the Institute in the evening. Is one day I feel I don't waste one second and here is a quote that came to mind.


“This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good.  What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind…let it be something good.” Author Unknown





I also remember reading a post from a young missionary who wrote:
“And another lesson is don’t you ever take a day for granted. Ever. Especially your toughest days. You make every day count. Even if all you do is relax in a hammock, you make that count. I don’t mean go out and make sure every second of every day is filled with an activity (unless you’re a missionary, then you best be filling those seconds), but I mean don’t ever think “I can’t wait for when this time is over and the next can begin”. Be excited for what’s to come, be excited for the journey, but never say “I wish this moment was over”. Every day is special. When all is over, and I mean we have been judged and dwelling in our kingdoms, you’re going to miss the life you lived on this Earth. You’re probably going to look back over the tapes of your life (or however it is), and while you’ll be glad you made it to heaven and stuff, you’ll also think of the times in your life. You’ll think of every single moment. So whatever you do, never ever ever wish for a time to be over. Even the hard ones, cause as soon as one hard thing ends, you better believe an ever harder one is going to follow. You best be living it up son. (Sorry, I just pictured how Ashley would probably say that:))
Gosh dang family I miss you all. Never doubt that I don’t. I love you with all my heart, but I wouldn’t speed this up for even a second. I definitely can’t wait for Lake Powell trips, video game nights with Dad, going to BYU with Ashley, snuggling with Mom, and even just sleeping in, but i wouldn’t trade a single moment of this mission. I wouldn’t make it go faster at all, even when I’m sweating from my eyeballs, I’m being bitten by mosquitos, my feet feel like they’re gonna fall off, my knuckles are bruised from knocking on doors, no one will listen to the message of Salvation, and I’m dehydrated like no other. I wouldn’t speed it up because even when I’m in the lowest of the lows, and believe me, they get pretty low, I would never ask to be released from the work of the Lord. Oh how great my joy is when I’m in the service of my God. I’m going to miss this so much.” This is the wisdom from a 19 year old but so profound. Today and every Thursday I don't take one single second for granted and I hope every day was like today.
 
 



No comments: