Friday, April 24, 2015

We are grandparents again!!

Yesterday we got a text with a beautiful picture of a brand new baby boy. Son of Lexi and Alejandro Almeida. This year alone we expect  three to four additions to our family. What a blessing this is for our family.


Once upon a time I too was in the hospital delivering my very first child, a beautiful baby girl.  I was only 22 years myself when I gave birth that day. I remember the very moment Cristi came into this world.  I remember thinking to myself, “here is this little perfectly form person who wasn’t in the room two minutes ago and now here she is and she is going to be in my life forever.  In that single moment one person changed my life forever.  My life would never be the same.


Cristi was literally the most perfect little girl a mother could ask for.  She was like a mini adult. She was respectful and kind.  She was tender-hearted and caring.  She was always thinking of others and always putting others first.  She found joy in making others smile and she always wanted to do her very best to the point of being a little obsessed with perfection.


The joy and friendship that Cristi has brought into my life couldn’t be described in words.  Cristi saw me through a painful divorce and decided to become a family therapist herself.  Cristi, being the oldest has always had wisdom that went well beyond her years and a heart of gold, and you will rarely find her without a huge smile on her face working on some humanitarian project.  Cristi makes the world a better place because she is in it.


Like her two more daughters came into my home but for some reason you never forget the very first time you became a mother. For our daughter-in-law, Lexi yesterday was that special day. For Rachael was late December and for Analia was last June. For Bianca we hope it will come in November.  How wonderful it is to know that our girls our experiencing the amazing feeling of bringing special souls into this world and for those first time mothers I say, good job, well done and keep up the good work!

No comments: