Saturday, April 11, 2015

Being late when you are on time.

Today I cried, I got very involved writing in my computer and scrapbooking when all of the sudden it was time to go. Daniel had been sleeping all morning because he wasn't feeling well so I let him stay in bed. I didn't want to wake him up. Poof guy he seemed so peaceful sleeping. It was 1:00 pm.


We were invited to the sealing for Hugo and Nuria Martinez's daughter at 2:00pm in the temple next door but we got there at about 1:45 and we thought we had made it in the nick of time but we were informed by one of the workers that they had just closed the door and started without us. they didn't think we were coming, I guess.


  I couldn't believe we were late being early. we never got in to attend the wedding ceremony of Sara Martinez here in Santo Domingo and that was the whole purpose why Daniel didn't go on  his business trip that weekend. This was a sad day for me because I felt guilty, I felt it was my fault. I felt terrible. It reminded me how terrible I felt when we went to see Elder Jensen and was five minutes late but he looked at us like he didn't think we were  coming.


 I was feeling so down and a little upset but we tried to do the best we could and went out to greet the happy couple as they came out and took pictures. They  wee in a hurry because they were taking the next flight to St. Thomas. At least we were there for the pictures. We then got to attend the next sealing at 3:pm of another couple in our ward and that  made it all worth it. I learned a good lesson today. When you go to events of General Authorities being right on time is not enough. You need to be early!

No comments: