Thursday, August 13, 2015

Cooking yummy lunches

Daniel has bee coming home for lunch here in Manila and I love it. He never could do that in the DR because he was way too busy. I am sure he will get busier but for now it feels good to have him home at noon to eat together. I have made enchiladas, chili, coup and sandwiches. I an getting good at looking at what I got in my fridge and make recipes out of what I already have. I still haven't made any cookies yet but I hope I can make these sugar cookies I tasted at a Christmas party from Mary Lou Roberts, our PEF missionary in the DR Even though we want to eat healthy, my body is constantly asking for something sweet.

Sugar Cookies

2 cups of sugar
1 cup softened butter
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
5 cups of flour or more depending on thickness
1/2 teaspoon os salt
4 teaspoons of baking powder

Roll out to 1/4 inches thickness
Bake 350 degrees for 15 minutes

Enjoy!



No comments: