Friday, August 21, 2015

Turning 30

My Facebook post today said: This day 30 years ago, a beautiful angel came to this world and a star was born! Bianca Merkley writes songs that touches, inspires and impact us at just the right time in our life. Her music has a unique healing quality this world needs! This is one of more than 50 songs she has written and one of my favorites. Happy Birthday Bee and keep on singing!!

In a psychology class I took we discussed a moment in your life that you would not ever forget.  It stays in your memory always because it was that important to you like the day you get married or you give birth. on August 20, 1985 I lay in the LDS Hospital waiting for my doctor to show up. He had told me earlier that morning that the baby would come later in the week but she was coming that night,. He was attending a wedding and when he came in to the hospital didn't even had time to take off his tie.

In those days we never knew what we were having so it came to a surprise to find out the baby whom up to that point we referred to as a he was this beautiful girl. Her face was perfect. She didn't look like a newborn. at all. I remember the very moment Bianca came into this world. I remember thinking to myself, I am so glad I followed the promptness to come here because other wise she would have been born at home or in an ambulance like you hear stories of other women giving birth in various places. The labor was intense but she came so fast. One hour is all it took from the time I checked in at the hospital to delivery.

I remember telling the nurses, I need push and they were all scared the doctor on call wasn't there but he came. I thought how lucky I was the doctor arrived in the nick of time to welcome this precious baby. There was this little person who wasn't in this room two minutes ago and now here she was and she will be part of our family forever.

Bianca turned out to be the most perfect daughter a mother could ask for. She is so nice, kind and  respectful. During the dreadful teenage years, I don't ever remember having to scold her for anything. She is a peacemaker, tender-hearted and very caring to this day. She is always thinking of others and putting others first. She has found joy in making other people smile with the music she writes. Here is a sample of a youtube video the Douglas' made of her singing in the background.

Con amor,
Vero

Rising Star Outreach ~Bianca Merkley's Grateful

No comments: