Wednesday, August 12, 2015

False alarm

Last night I was a little worried that Cristi might have her baby early. I saw on Facebook that she had gone to the Hospital and when I called Bianca she explained that because she was coughing so hard it caused her to start having contractions. Lucky for her, they went away but before I knew what Bianca told me, I was very worried and that reminded me of a post I saw by Max Lucado. " What you and I might rate as an absolute disaster, God may rate as pimple-level problem that will pass. He views your life the way you view a movie after you have read the book. When something bad happens, you feel the air sucked our of the theater. Everyone else gasps at the crisis on the screen. Not you. God views your life with the same confidence. He's not only read your story... he wrote it."

This quote brings peace so much peace when we go through difficult times in our life. It reminds us that we have limited perspective on the truly big picture God has in store for us. It helps us realize that what seems hard right now may be, in fact a blessing in disguise and gives us faith that it will all fur out okay in the end because God knows where He is taking us and He knows we will love it when we get there.

It's not a laughing matter going through hard things. It's disappointing and sad when things don't go the way we want them to. It's scary to to through difficult circumstances. It is painful to suffer loss. But all of those things are what help us  grow and become stronger. All of those things make us into someone who is a better person.

For anyone out there going through something hard. I am thinking of my own mother who just had a heart attack. Have faith and don't ever give up hope. great things are still to come. Remember who i the Author of your story and He only writes amazing books.

No comments: