Friday, August 14, 2015

Gratitude is the right attitude


"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it away." William Arthur Ward

I love the opening quote of today's blog because when we feel gratitude in our hearts it is wrong not to express it. Tonight I have been thinking a lot about gratitude. My mother's life has been a huge whirlwind the last couple of months as she got very ill suffering a heart attack. So many decisions had to be made that will affect her life and one of those is where is she going to move. El Salvador although is her homeland is no longer ideal for her. She has a daughter in Mexico, another in Tanzania, one in the US and I am in Manila. So the million dollar question was: Who would care for her? with her medical condition that is a no-brainer, she will move in with my little sister who lives in the US but this little sister is a single mom and has to work for survival. 

Not all is sad, some things our family has experienced this past summer have been amazing like coming to El Salvador for what it seemed the last family reunion and at the same time like it always happens when you want to please everyone, some things we experienced were challanging. I supposed that is the same for all of our lives but today especially I am feeling incredible grateful because new blessings have come into our extended family and trials seemed to have come to an end. At least for now. 

The gratitude I am feeling today is hard to put into words but I am going to try because I think expressing our gratitude is incredibly important. First and foremost I am grateful to know I have a Father in Heaven who loves me and cares for me. He has blessed my life beyond measure. When things go right for me I know He has played a major role in it. When things go wrong for me He helps me though it. When things seem to be confusing and I can't understand why things are going the way they are I know that He is the one ultimately in charge and He is always leading me toward something that will be better for me in the end. I am eternally grateful to know that and is for this gratitude I have of my Father in Heaven that I am currently living in Manila. I made a promise to do whatever it took to be of service to Him and his kingdom. 

Second I am grateful to my family. I have an incredible mother who has sacrificed so much for us. The most amazing husband and most incredible children any mother or father could ask for. They are my entire world. They are everything to me and I can't thank them enough for their love and support in my life and Daniel's life. We also share grandchildren and that is like nothing we had ever experienced. Is the icing on the cake. 

Third, I am grateful for my extended family. My husband and I both have an amazing and incredible family around the world of sisters, brothers, cousins, aunts and uncles. 

Fourth, I am grateful for an amazing support system of friends and ward members no matter where we go. I often find myself surrounded by greatness in every aspect of my life the way it was written on my patriarchal blessing. They make me a better person because I have this association with them. 

 We have always had the best of neighbors, coworkers, and business associates. This is a massive blessing and something we are appreciative every day. In our callings and personal affairs and particularly in my husbands line of work we have been supported by the best and the brightest. We have had amazing lawyers and accountants and clients and partners and employees and all kinds of people we have shared so much together taking care of our Father's business. This is not a family business this is a Heavenly Business and we were asked to care for His affairs, His temporal affairs that is and I am so thankful for the opportunity we have had to do it. I am grateful for the guidance and advice we are provided by the Elders. They are people you can count on and trust with your eyes shut. 

And Finally I am grateful for my testimony. It is my greatest possession it is the only thing I will take with me when this life is over and it's the only thing I want be remembered by. 

Con amor,

Vero








No comments: