Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Kareoke

I went to visit the Behive clothing plant here in the Philippines this morning and what a treat that was. the ladies there are so nice and so sweet. The people are always smiling. I love that about the people here. They start their day around 6:30 a.m. so that they can get home earlier to be with family. Around 10:30 a.m. they take their lunch break. It is more like branch because it is breakfast and lunch at one sitting. We were there for that and what a joy it was to visit with them on their lunch hour which also translates to Kareoke hour.

They were kind enough to have treats for us. Even coke for Daniel if you can imagine that. He is known already for his coca-cola habit and we have only been here two weeks. Everyone here loves Kareoke. They love to sing. There were a couple of people there that sounded like professionals. One fellow in particular sounded like David Archuleta. One of the songs he chose to sing was you raised me up. A most touching song that made me think of my mother and wanted to cry.


I can't say enough about the candid welcome we have received thus far and how pleasant and happy people seemed to be here in this part of the vineyard. I only hope I can learn to cook their delicious food so I can teach it to my grandkids.


Con amor,

Vero

No comments: