Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter in Manila

Today is Easter here in Manila so we got up as we do every Sunday and went to Church as always but today was a little more special since I was called and sustained to teach in the Relief Society. Today was my first day teaching. I had been talking to Liz and she told me how she used to do power points and how more focused people were when she did that so I asked Daniel to helpe me with the power point and video on the talk by Elder Haynie. Remembering whom we have trusted.

It was my first time teaching in Relief Society other than when I have been asked to do it in El Salvador or in the DR but I never have had a calling in Relief Society. I have always taught in Young Women, Primary, Sunday School and Institute. I prepared for days and prayed that whatever I did would be pleasing to the Lord. This is Easter and wanted to do something special. Lucky for me, Daniel came to the rescue and helped me do a power point. I even found a cute handout that went with a bar of soap I found in pinterest.

Daniel could't believe all the stuff I was carrying to this class: My laptop, handouts, A portrait of Jesus,  a tablecloth, 30  soaps with a note that read: Soap is a practical household necessity. Soap is cleansing. For physical cleanliness, Soap must be applied frequently. Repentance is a practical principle of the gospel. Repentance is cleaning. Spiritual cleanliness requires constant Repentance. I feel very grateful today I got to teach this class and felt the spirit very strong. Many sisters came out after class to thank me.

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: