Tuesday, March 22, 2016

How NOT to do business

Today I found a letter written over ten years ago from a fellow who was supposed to make a wedding video for Cristi and Brooks. He seemed so talented but what a flake! This is what he wrote:

Dear Cristi:

I apologize for this situation. Here are your photos. I have tried to recover the final project archive of your wedding, but it is indeed corrupt and beyond repair. I still have the original tapes however. I will re-edit the entire thing. I feel terrible about this, especially considering your wedding was more than than a year ago? (How about twelve years ago)

As of 6 months ago I thought I had all of my weddings completed, and Creek Productions was the last thing on my mind. (No kidding) To tell you the truth, your call in February slipped my mind.  ( That is an understatement) Now it make me sick to think I have a wedding that is about 15 months delinquent. I feel horrible. ( Apparently that feeling didn't last too long)

I will add some extras on the final DVD's. ( Wishful thinking)  Don't even think of the final payment, (really, some other person would have sue you, mister!) and I hope when you get the final copies, you will feell satisfied with the results. Please know that I will rectified the situation.

Sincerely,

Justin Caldwell

Wow, What a joke! Justin seemed sincere in the letter but he turned out to be an incompetent fool.  What Cristi got was practically nothing. He was lucky Cristi and Brooks didn't ever get after him the way other people would have. What a shame! I have saved this letter as a reminder how I never would want to be that irresponsible and hope none of my children and grandchildren ever be like that. This is one way of how NOT to do business.

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: