Thursday, March 10, 2016

A rough ride

It feels good to be home. In the past couple of weeks from February 23rd to March 10th I have traveled extensibly From Manila to Idaho to Salt Lake to Nebraska and back to Idaho. Then believe it or not my way back to the Philippines began Tuesday March 8th and it went something like this: Boise, Phoenix, Orlando, Dallas, Hong Kong and now here in Manila and for some of those flights I got to only spend only one night but what I learned is that even when is only for the night it is all well worth it!

In one of the flights from Boise to Phoenix, I sat by a cute couple who saw me reading an ensign and told me that they like my magazine and later I found out they were from Eagle Idaho and were members of the same ward Cristi and Brooks attend. What a small world and what a treat it was to sit by those nice people. They were on their way to Orlando to visit their son who lives there and what a coincidence, I was also going to Orlando to visit family we went together to the next gate but this time we didn't get to sit together.

The next flight from Phoenix to Orlando was scary because the turbulence was the worst I had ever experienced ever and I do travel a lot. The same thing happened on the flight from Orlando to Dallas the next day. At one point the plane did an 180 and people were screaming. I was calm. I don't know why but I was sure we would make it. I wanted so bad to see Daniel. I missed him so much and couldn't even fathom the idea that I would perish without seeing him one last time and the fact I needed so much to get home is what made me think positive. I prefer 100 times over to travel with Daniel because I hate traveling alone. People think I love to get on planes but the honest truth is that I don't! I do what I have to since Daniel can't possibly come with me each time I need to go somewhere like on this trip for example. (I love how tia Silvia and tio Jeff both travel together and that is the best. ) After a while the plane started to ride more smoothly and we finally made it to Dallas.

This time I am here only for one night since tomorrow early in the morning around 3:00 a.m. we are heading over to Osaka, Japan! I was there  seven years ago in March of 2009 and I wonder how much it has changed since then. We are going to a cluster meeting with the Presiding Bishopric.  Upon our return in a few days I will report of how it went!

No comments: