Sunday, March 20, 2016

Not this time

Two weeks ago I was showing the City Creek apartment to a fellow that was very interested but I didn't act quickly so he found something else. What I learned from this experience is to be proactive and not wait for things to fall out from the sky. I have learn a new lesson about this experience and that is to never assumed.

I assumed that the deal was done. I assumed that this man would be so happy in this beautiful apartment that he would want to move there. I assumed that he was it but he found a bigger and cheaper place When I asked him, that is what he said.

He went from I will pay you all six month at once to 0 and that has caused me a lot of stress. I had my chance right when he came to see the apartment to work something out and seal the deal I guess is that in back of my mind, I wasn't sure I wanted to rent it knowing how Daniel feels about renting our apartment. He hates to think we are even considering renting it. We have told our agent to look for someone and that is exactly what he is doing but it is not even posted on ksl so I don't even know how people will ever find out about it.

The other assumption we had is that Elder Ardern had mention to Daniel that he needed to use the apartment because his children were coming to listen to him and needed a place to stay. When I asked sister Ardern about it, she didn't think they were going to need it and that was another reason why I hesitated renting it to this man in the first place. I guess is for the best and I guess it wasn't meant to be but it is still to me a big waste to have such a nice place that no one uses. Mandy and Spencer could live there but they have those rats. Vale tried it but likes it better with her roommates in Sugar House and I don't blame her.

Today I want to give closure to this chapter and stop thinking about why I wasn't more proactive. That is not who I am. I acted as if I didn't want this man on my property or as if he was the one doing me a favor. I don't know what happened there but clearly I did't make the sale  and I hate it when disappointments happen.

So farewell and goodbye to this negative thinking. I have to feel grateful to what I do have and not dwell so much of what didn't happen. That is my prayer for today.

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: