Tuesday, March 29, 2016

How bad do you want it?

Starting this year I decided that this was going to be the year where I would have done at least three things: get in shape, read the Book of Mormon with a theme in mind. (This theme is going to be related to the story I want to write.) Write the novel. But it is almost the end of March and I haven't done much of any of those three things.

It's amazing how life can get so busy that we  find ourselves simply going through the motions every day of doing the million of things that seem to be urgent to get done, and ofter times we don't even stop to evaluate if the things we are spending our time on are taking us in the direction toward accomplishing our goals. It's always a go, go, and endless lists and tasks and endless unread emails. I have 25,000 of those if you can imagine that! To the to do list, add organizing all papers we have collected over the years and cleaning our home, grocery shopping, cook, laundry, and the list goes on. There is no end to the stuff we do every day and to top it all, we are moving which adds another stressor.  Does that sound familiar?

I realized this week that is getting to the end of the first trimester of the year and my goal to lose at least ten to twelve pounds by now is unrealistic but I must do something before this month ends so I asked Daniel to begin our cleansing this week. We started yesterday,  it has only been one day but it works. I lost one pound. Yay! I will post again in two weeks to record my progress.

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: