Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Sleeping Beauty

Today as part of our Institute class at Mari's house to hear what Deb Haynie had prepared but before we left I was sound asleep. Somehow, I never heard the alarm and when I finally woke up, it was already 9:30 and that is when I panicked. Oh no, I thought, I have one minute to get ready and I hurried! This kind of thing has never happened to me. How embarrassing!

I felt like those women who are always drunk and can never get out of bed. I remember Emma, my dad's sister who was always in her pajamas because she was always drunk. She died very young from too much drinking. She could never control that addiction that finally took her life. Another woman who was notorious for being drunk was Betty Ford. She apparently came late to everything because of that. Today, I felt a little unreliable and that is not a good feeling.

I am thankful that eventually woke up and got ready to start my day by attending a fabulous Institute class and later to make some treats for the missionaries at the MTC Leigh Ann was going to go there to help sister Carlos so I offered to join in. This is such a cute treat covering a marshmallow with white chocolate and than rolling it in chopped colored candy. This is an easy treat I plan to make next year but first I need to buy the straws, marshmallow, white chocolate and the plastic little bags to put them in and some cute cut out and string. TI recommend making this treat when you need to make large quantities but it is labor intense so if people what to help, let them!

Con amor,
Vero


No comments: