Saturday, October 14, 2017

"Souper" Saturday

Today was the Relief Society activity at the ward. The annual super Saturday. It is an activity where we do some crafty things and then have soup for lunch. Today Leigh Ann found some cute quiet books to assemble together so I ordered more than enough! I had not realized how much work that would entailed until I saw the final product after cutting my order in half.

Yes, that is how carried away I got when I knew we were making these books. My favorite is the WE Believe, Book of Mormon, The Bible. I think I can give these to every single little person who enters the waters of baptism.

 My next favorite is The Living Christ and Articles of Faith. That should be a good Christmas gift for those children who know how to read.  The Parables can also be a Christmas gift for the older children. The We Believe can be given when they turn 3 as they enter Primary. The Life of Jesus can be given at Easter time for the older children. They are very inexpensive to make unless you make enough for all the people on my list. (10 X 8 + 19) = 99

I will make them as a set to give to each family rather than doing them individually except for the We believe quiet book that is personalized. That I want to do for each child like I do my ABC quiet books. It is very interesting that we can make photos and put them in an album rather than laminate and put them in a spiral binder. The only problem with doing it that way is that there is limited amount of pages in an album and with a spiral binding you can do any number of pages.

There were other things I could have worked on but the quiet books took all my time and I am still not finished. I probably would keep a set for me. After all, I need to start my collections of stuff to keep around the house when I baby sit the grandkids. In addition to the grandkids I also will give some of these quiet books to my nephews but if I had to chose only one copy, I would do the We Believe because that is personalized and a closed second is the Book of Mormon.

Oh well, I guess I got my work cut out for the next several years.

Con amor,
Vero



No comments: