Wednesday, July 8, 2020

All I can do is Pray

Thoughts on 111 days of quarantine. 

Today was not good. The saga continues. I feel tension, and two angry at me for speaking my mind and telling the truth. I know what I have heard and I know what I have seen. There are four of us. Two agains me and thank goodness, one understands me completely, and that is enough for me. 


I admit that today sucked big time! Wow, I had never used those words to describe my day but there you have it. It was really, really bad. It truly was. Like, I want to cry knowing that there is not a thing I can do. 


Everything seemed to go wrong from the start of the morning until I sit tonight writing. I will not bore you with the details. All I know is that as I sit here tonight typing this blog, what I really want to do is breakdown and cry out of frustration because my hands are tied and can't do anything about my mom's precarious situation. All I can do is pray. 



I know not by what methods rare,
But this I know, God answers prayer.
I know that He has given His Word,
Which tells me prayer is always heard,
And will be answered, soon or late.
And so I pray and calmly wait.
I know not if the blessing sought
Will come in just the way I thought;
But leave my prayers with Him alone,
Whose will is wiser than my own,
Assured that He will grant my quest,
Or send some answer far more blest.
                                          – Eliza M. Hickok

Con amor, 
Vero

No comments: