Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Grateful to be alive

Thoughts on 110 days of quarantine 

Some days are fantastic! like when I found out my mom and nephew tested negative for COVID-19, some days are in between and some days are hopeless. Today was one of those days. 

It wasn't that it was a really bad day and it wasn't that anything horrible happened. It was just one of those stressful days where you felt hopeless. I had some disagreements with what to do with our aging mother who needs to be in isolation and cared by someone who has not contracted the virus, but the question is who? taking in to account that she lives far from any family and the only people who were taking care of her are ill with the infamous virus. I can't come where they are and neither can my other two sisters. Grrr! 

I just simply need to let go and not worry about it anymore. Each day I call my mom and have been spending hours with her listing and discussion a book of her choice. Telling each other about our day, playing the piano for her and talking just about everything. Each day while she has been on isolation stuck in a hotel room has brought its own lessons and experiences. 

Even those days when we don't enjoy some nearly as much as others, we just have to remind ourselves that at least we had the day. At least we are alive talking to each other and at times, with a sister who I don't see eye to eye, even fighting with each other but we are still ALIVE! 

Yes, at least, we are alive and with loved ones and if every day was fantastic, we wouldn't appreciate them nearly as much. Most important, a world without bad days would also be a day without the need of a hug. I like the fact that at least I have a hubby that is willing to hug me anytime I feel sad. 

Con amor,
Vero


No comments: