Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Things I do to keep my spirit up

Thoughts on 104 days of quarantine.

Amazing to think that we are entering July 1, which means that a half year went by so slow and fast at the same time. I have learned to do a few new things to keep my spirits up during this long lockdown and the news of family members fighting the virus. I need to feel peace and the song Be Still my Soul comes to mind. There are a few things that have helped me. 

I have started doing yoga each morning after I wake up and follow the same routine for about an hour. I finish my yoga with a five to ten minute meditation. In my meditation I create my day. I think of the things I want to get done and with whom and where. That one is easy since we are not going anywhere and the only person I am spending time with is my husband but I do think about who I will call on the phone. Each day I call my mom. We listen to a book on audible together and discuss it. It gives us both a chance to talk about it and we laugh and just enjoy commenting on the book. I also play the piano to her. That is the highlight of my day. 

There are a lot of things that have changed but there are some things that have stayed the same. Elder Holland has said: "The gospel of Jesus Christ is the most certain, the most secure, the most reliable, and the most rewarding truth on earth and in heaven, in time and in eternity. Nothing-- not anything, not anyone, not any influence-- will keep this Church from fulfilling its mission and realizing its destiny declared from before the foundation of the world. Ours is that fail-safe, inexorable, indestructible dispensation of the fullness of the gospel. There is no need to be AFRAID or tentative about the future" (and that includes death. No one should be afraid of dying if they have kept the faith. We need to always be prepared for the inevitable. We should not be surprised of the things to come before the second coming.) 

Elder Holland continue saying, "...unlike every other era before us, this dispensation will not experience an institutional apostasy; it will not see a loss of priesthood keys; it will not suffer a cessation of revelation from the voice of Almighty God. Individuals will apostatize or turn a deaf ear to heaven, but never again will the dispensation collectively do so. What a secure thought! What a day in which to live! If there are some bumps along the way while waiting to see every promise kept and every prophecy fulfilled, so be it. If you haven't noticed, I am bullish about the latter days. In nothing could I have more faith than I have in God the Eternal Father, in Jesus Christ His Son, in their redeeming gospel, and in their divinely- guided Church. Believe. Rise up. Be faithful. And make the most of the remarkable day in which we live!"

That is what I think about anytime I feel down or frustrated for this situation. 

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: