Thursday, July 2, 2020

Taking one day at a time

Thoughts on 105 days of quarantine.

My sister in Mexico organized a group call today with my mom and sisters to congratulate her son for his graduation from Kinder. They were going to have a party at his school but got canceled. We were happy to see each other in our respective homes from Buenos Aires, San Salvador,  Mexico City and North Carolina. My mother and nephew are still not showing any signs of illness at this point and we hope they keep that way. This experience has shaken our family to the core.

What I find frustrating is not been able to travel to where they are. Also not knowing how or what to plan for the rest of the Summer given all the COVID  restrictions. I was hoping to visit Utah but with Utah's number spiking, we doubt we can travel any time soon.  it's really been impossible to feel good about planning anything right now. Even more difficult is not knowing just how far it will be in the future before it is safe to make plans and if there is anything that annoys me is not been able to travel. I am known in our family as the "hormiguita viajera"

The uncertainty about the future and when we can all be together again has really become emotionally draining. The inability to plan for the future is frustrating. and stressful. All we can do is take one day at a time, accept that it is what it is and try to make the best of this situation. For now, the only thing to do is not have a plan. Not worry so much of when and how because there is no when and no how.

I have come to the conclusion that I need to accept this reality of not knowing what comes next and the same way I have been on lockdown for 105 days, means I can do another 105 days if its necessary but deep in my heart I am hoping it won't be that long. Only time will tell. Taking one day at a time is all we can do for now.

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: