Thursday, August 20, 2020

A Day to Remember

Thoughts on 154 days of quarantine.

 

Fifteen years ago, August 19thBianca married the man of her dreams in the Salt Lake Temple. Bianca was a day shy from turning 20 the next day. I remember thinking how young she was. It was the most beautiful wedding imaginable. On that day, we were surrounded by family and friends, great food, fun live music, and plenty of dancing into the night at a beautiful venue in the Millcreek Canyon. It was a fairy tale wedding. One of those days you will never forget.

 

I couldn’t have been happier for Bianca and Joseph but at the same time, sadder for me, because even with all the amazing wonderful details of the weeding there was a dark secret Brad and I had been keeping that spoiled everything. You see, Brad and I had separated but we agreed in staying together until the wedding was over. All those months prior to and at the wedding were hard since we had to do a lot of pretending. 

 

We probably could have won an Oscar because no one had a clue of the turmoil going on in our personal lives. No one knew what was really happening in our soon to be broken home. It was the hardest thing I had ever felt. I remember driving in my car yelling from the top of my lungs Noooooooooooo! It was so ironic that as my daughter found her soul mate and sweetheart I was losing mine.  I was dying inside but smiling for Bianca at the same time. I still don’t know how I stayed sane when I think of that dark time in my life. 

 

Today, when I think of that experience, I see a silver lining and tender mercy to compensate for all that heart wrenching experience. I couldn’t have asked for a more amazing wedding for my daughter back in 2005 and mine in 2009. I couldn’t have asked for Bianca marrying a better man and the same goes with me. Daniel, is truly the most amazing husband and the best grandpa. I feel so blessed that we found each other and the same goes for Bianca and Joseph. Not only that but he is the most amazing example to his children and his nieces and nephews. He is such a nice uncle too and that is the biggest blessing of all. Yes, Bianca is a lucky girl for sure!! Happy Birthday Bee and Anniversary too! I love you.


Con amor,

Vero

 

No comments: