Monday, August 17, 2020

Family, where life begins and love never ends!


Thoughts on 151 days of quarantine. 


Today is a special day here in Argentina. It's a holiday for kids! "Día del niño" families get together but with the pandemic is prohibited to do that :( however people have managed to still visit family and I don’t blame them for doing that. That is what family is all about – It’s about being bonded together through good and bad times. It’s about growing up together in the same house to then taking what you have learned from that experience and spinning it off into your own family. Replicating the things you liked from your family, and deciding to change the things that you didn’t like from your family.  Everyone grows up and becomes their own person.  But deep down, no matter how much time passes and no matter how grown up you become, you are still those same kids from the same family with the same roots.  You are family.

                         

 “Family is like branches on a tree, we all grow in different directions, yet our roots remain as one.”

 

My husband and I both grew up in a tight- knit family. As we have all grown into adulthood and started families of our own it is often difficult to stay in contact with each other on a regular basis.  We are all spread out across the globe with some living in Utah, Idaho, Colorado, Nebraska, Connecticut, North Carolina, Florida, Mexico, El Salvador, Brazil, Uruguay, Ireland and us in Argentina.

 

Everyone has incredibly busy lives so we often go for long spurts without seeing one another or even talking to one another. But when the times come that we can get together it is always as if no time has passed at all. I think that is the beauty of being family – there is this connection that ignores time or space and binds you together forever because you are family. We had plans to visit Daniel’s mom I Uruguay but it is what it is. 

 

I am grateful for my family and Daniel’s family.  I am grateful for my upbringing.  I am grateful I had 3 sisters to be friends with. I am grateful for the memories we created together as children and for the friendships we have as adults.  I am grateful to parents who provided us that opportunity.  And I am grateful to have my own large blended family that I get to be bonded with for eternity.  I LOVE MY FAMILY!

  

“Family, where life begins and love never ends”

It was for us like any other day except that for the first time in 150 days we went to the grocery store. We have food now to feed an army! 


Con amor,

Vero 

No comments: