Friday, September 5, 2014

Job interview

It has been forever since I have gone to a job interview. Today I got up to see the Elementary school Principal at Carol Morgan and the Vice-Principal and her secretary. At any rate they were three ladies asking me questions about how I would handle a classroom.


 It turned out to be a test that I had not prepared for but somehow I think I did ok. One thing I noticed is that they were so young and needless to say, I felt old. One of the ladies even had a nose ring which I was a little surprised because that is such a conservative school.


 I felt like I could be their mother and that is when it dawn on me that the whole world in in the hands of people in their thirties, people who are very knowledgeable but with no experience but I have realized that as I get older and older those people we trust with anything from teachers, to lawyers to doctors are all younger than 54 but have managed to get in good positions. I still don't know what is my mission in life? I hope that for now is to be a good teacher.

No comments: