Friday, September 19, 2014

Time Capsule

Today was activity day making a time capsule and learning about our testimonies. I had  the children learn the five basic things about a testimony:1. God is our loving Father in Heaven. 2. His Son Jesus Christ, is our Savior and Redeemer. 3. Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, and he was the instrument through which the gospel of Jesus Christ was restored to the earth and the Book of Mormon was translated. 4. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's Church on the earth today. 5. This Church is led by living prophet who received revelation.


The children were to write their own testimonies and place them in the time capsule with another paper that talked about them. Such as: Full name, birthday, place of birth, color of hair, color of eyes, father's name, mother's name, how many brothers and sisters, how old, teacher's name, grade in school, favorite subject, favorite book, favorite food, favorite sport, things I enjoy doing, best friends, I would love to travel to, I want to be when I grow up, my favorite pet is, favorite song, favorite color, favorite candy,  when I grow up I want to live in, etc.


 I also did mine to be opened in 2019 five years from now to see how my life has changed in five years and I think I would like to do this every five years on our anniversary.

No comments: