Sunday, January 13, 2019

A House of Order

D & C 88: 119 

I love what Cristi wrote on Instagram last week so I am sharing.

"My social media “sabbatical” has given me some reflection time and clarity on what I want for 2019. I recognize that there are some really BIG changes about to happen in the Dame nest with my baby girl coming in 4 months! 👶🏻 

As a mother of three littles, I already feel like I am at the end of a conveyor belt catching everything that drops in front of me and unable to make progress in those other areas of my life that I want to. I acknowledge them; but I can't seem to focus on them for long because of what seems more urgent falling right at my feet. Does that even make sense?

This year I want to SIMPLIFY...and SLOOOOW down the pace of things coming at me.


I want systems in place so I can step away for a minute and pay some attention to the other areas of my life that make me whole without everything else falling apart.


As I have prayed about how I can go about doing this... one word keeps coming to mind... Order.


I keep trying to find a more exciting attribute to focus on this year like "adventure" or "travel" or something more fun... but I am recognizing that I yearn for ORDER just as much as I yearn to PLAY and CREATE in my life. And it is really hard for me to feel creative or playful when my mind feels jumbled and as a result overwhelmed.


One of the scriptures that I strive to model my home after is: "Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God; (D&C 88:119)
So, 2019... I am creating order to make space to create and play more. I will keep you posted on this journey of mine.
For now, let the nesting begin!" 
Yes, ti feels so good to have a house of order. I started today with my bedroom and it feels so good to have each thing in its own place. 
Con amor,
Vero

No comments: