Monday, January 28, 2019

Writing and more writing

Today we went to a Senior missionary family home evening. I love getting to know these wonderful missionaries who help us so much run the administration office. We need them so much! They bring so much wisdom and expertise to this part of the world.  I love learning about their life and experiences here in the mission and at home. The couple who spoke today serve in the humanitarian mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I think we all need to write down our story. There is something really special about being able to read the life histories and journal of our ancestors and relatives. Their life experiences carry a special weight and influence in our life that are more meaningful then reading about the life of strangers.

About ten years ago, I wrote about my grandmother Hilda and hope to revise that biography this year. I was reading in it to see what things I can add. As I read her story today it really made me realize the importance of each of us writing down our own life experiences to put into life our own posterity. All of the experiences we go through in life helped shape us into who we are and should be written down so they can be shared with our children and grandchildren.

I am also answering questions for story worth. I have been given so many questions to answer and they keep coming so I need to check them before Cristi binds them into a book if she hasn't already done so.

The other writing assignment I do daily is keeping this blog in a form of a journal. I don't think anyone will ever care to read it because I hardly ever shows any  photos. This is mostly a writing exercise for me. It helps me write my thoughts and that way I can increase my ability to put down into words what comes to mind. The only time I take a break is when I am on vacation. My other blog, The life and Times has mostly pictures and that is a fun one to look at.

I also need to start writing chapters to publish my novel by the end of this year. I love to re-post things that my daughters and other people write on their blogs too. I have so much to write and so little time. It can be a little overwhelming at times but I can do it!

Con amor,
Vero




No comments: