Friday, January 4, 2019

A peaceful birthday

Yesterday, I turned 59 and wanted to go out and celebrate in a big way so to rest for the occasion I decided to take a power nap. I thought that it would be much better if I was rested up so that when Daniel came home from work we would be ready to hit the town.

Next thing I knew, I woke up to find out how much I had actually slept. It was a shock to me to find out that it was not 6:00 pm but 4:00 am the next morning.. I had slept for 12 hours straight rather than one  hour which is what i had plan. Unbelievable! I celebrated my birthday asleep! The good thing is that Daniel had fixed a nice breakfast for me in the morning before going to work. He made his delicious omelets so I can't complain.

Today we went out to dinner. It was the most expensive meal I have ever ordered in my whole life. The bill came to more than 12,000 pesos. That in dollars is close to $250 just for the two of us. This is not paying for any wine just the meal. I can't imagine what the bill would be if we had ordered wine. Next time I know what not to order and especially if the price only reads "market value" there was no price on the seafood we ordered for appetizers that ended up costing $100 just for crab, lobster and shrimp plate. Next time I know exactly what to order and it won't be that!

I hope I can be with family when the next year rolls around on my 60th birthday. We shall see.

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: