Thursday, February 14, 2019

Happy Valentine's Day

To all our children and grandchildren wherever you may be, I am sending my love to you on this special day. 

Here is a note written by Cristi Dame a few years ago and is exactly what I would be saying to you so I have stolen her words because it’s like if she took the words out of my mouth. 



“To my Littles,
Today is Valentine’s Day. The day of love.
You are asleep in your beds as I sit here and reflect upon this day and what love means to me. 

I feel it when I look into your little faces- my heart just bursts with love. The kind of selfless love where I would do anything to just see you happy. The kind of love that allows me to look past any imperfections and see the pureness of your hearts.

 This is how our Heavenly Father sees and feels about us. He sees into our hearts. He sees our potential. He isn’t selective of who he loves or how much.

The adversary wants you to see the opposite of what our Father in Heaven sees. Don’t buy into it. Push aside his noisy ramblings and choose love.

This week we art journaled with the young women of our church. I asked everyone to write something down on a word bubble that was a negative thought or belief that Satan tries to make us believe about ourselves. It could be anything like “I am not good enough” or “I’m not smart enough” or “I am not worthy of love.” He uses that feeling of “never measuring up” to get us on a path of discouragement. 

 The next prompt was to think of the Savior and his unconditional love. What does his love feel like? What does it look like? What does is sound like? He doesn’t care that I wear my “pjs” longer than most or haven’t showered in days or that my laundry piles have been sitting unfolded for days. He loves us just the way we are. 

He loves us… unconditionally. Do you know what that means? That means there are no conditions. He doesn’t love us only if we are good. He loves us ALL the time. Then everyone was to cover up those lies that Satan tells us with the truth and love of Christ and our Heavenly Father.

Big donut- I was so impressed with how you got this concept. You were so diligent and here was your finished project. If there ever comes a time where you doubt the love that your Heavenly Father or I have for you- I want you to tell yourself, “I choose love.” You choose to love yourself and accept the love from others- especially our Heavenly Father and our Savior.

I love all three of you and any others that may one day come into our home. I love you so much.”

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Con amor,
Vero

No comments: